Mortiis are performing the re-interpreteded 1994 album “Ånden som Gjorde Opprør” during a series of and locations during 2018. The band also informs that there will likely be more shows coming up in the second half of 2018.
“Ånden Som Gjorde Opprør” was the second full-length album by the Norwegian solo artist Mortiis and was released in 1994, a year after his debut album, “Født til å Herske”. The album had 2 long tracks: “En Mørk Horisont” (21:09) and “Visjoner Av En Eldgammel Fremtid” (18:27).
Here are the confirmed shows so far:
- February 17: Good Omens, Trondheim, Norway
- March 9: Glasgow, Stereo United Kingdom
- March 10: The Dome and Boston Music Room, London, United Kingdom
- March 24: Rock klub Tartaros, Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
- April 21: Temple Athens, Athens, Greece
- April 27: SWR Barroselas Metalfest, Barroselas, Portugal
- May 4: Baroeg, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- May 5: De Kreun, Kortrijk, Belgium
- May 18: Steelfest Open Air, Hyvinkää, Finland
- June 24: Ragnard Reborn Festival, Kharkiv, Ukraine
- June 29: Kilkim Žaibu XIX, Varniai, Lithuania
- July 14: Castle Party, Bolków, Poland
Also coming up are Australian tourdates in July, we’ll update this article when we get the info.
Since you’re here … … we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading Side-Line Magazine than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Side-Line’s independent journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we want to push the artists we like and who are equally fighting to survive. If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps fund it, our future would be much more secure. For as little as 5 US$, you can support Side-Line Magazine – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. The donations are safely powered by Paypal.