Squarepusher aka UK artist Tom Jenkinson will return with a new album “Be Up A Hello” on the 31st of January via Warp Records. His new single, “Nervelevers,” is out now. A video has also been released and can be viewed below.
“Nervelevers” breakneck breakbeats recall classic moments from Squarepusher’s much-loved catalogue, which coupled with its blistering acid line also exemplifies the influence his formative years in the Essex rave scene had on the new LP.
For those who don’t know Squarepusher, a disgrace if you don’t, here’s some info. His music spans several genres, including drum and bass, IDM, jazz, and electroacoustic music and his recordings are typified by a combination of electronic sound sources, live instrumental playing, and digital signal processing. He is also the brother of Ceephax Acid Crew (Andrew Jenkinson).
Squarepusher on tour
You can see Squarepusher at work live as well:
- 31st Jan – CTM Festival, Berlin – Germany
- 14th March – Bangface Weekender, Southport – UK
- Thu 9th April – Royale, Boston – USA
- Sat 11th April – Brooklyn Steel, NYC – USA
- Tue 14th April – SAT, Montreal – Canada
- Wed 15th April – Danforth, Toronto – Canada
- Thu 16th April – St. Andrews, Detroit – USA
- Fri 17th April – Metro, Chicago – USA
- Sun 19th April – Bluebird Theater, Denver – USA
- Wed 22nd April – Neumos, Seattle – USA
- Thu 23rd April – Wonder Ballroom, Portland – USA
- Fri 24th April – The Midway, SF – USA
- Sat 25th April – 1720, LA – USA
- 1st May – LEV Festival, Gijon – Spain
- 8th May – Les Nuits Botanique, Brussels – Belgium
- 9th May – Melkweg, Amsterdam – Netherlands
- 13th May – Brudenell, Leeds – UK
- 14th May – Concorde2, Brighton – UK
- 15th May – Roundhouse, London – UK
Since you’re here … … we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading Side-Line Magazine than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Side-Line’s independent journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we want to push the artists we like and who are equally fighting to survive. If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps fund it, our future would be much more secure. For as little as 5 US$, you can support Side-Line Magazine – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. The donations are safely powered by Paypal.
Donate Bitcoin to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Bitcoin
Donate Ethereum to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Ethereum
Donate Tether to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Tether