CompTIA Network+ is an entry-level certification for those individuals who aspire to launch a successful career in networking. Unlike many vendor-specific credentials such as Cisco CCNA that are designed to work with a particular IT vendor, Network+ is vendor-neutral and verifies the candidates’ skills and knowledge to configure, manage, and troubleshoot conventional network services.
Like many other IT certifications, CompTIA Network+ is valid for a specific period and requires recertification when the term is out. To keep the valid Network+ credential on your name, you must renew it every 3 years. To become a certified specialist, the students need to pass one test, commonly referred as to CompTIA N10-007. It is based on 5 domains. Below you can see the percentage of exam questions in each topic area:
- Network Operations – 17%
- Infrastructure – 18%
- Network Troubleshooting and Tools – 22%
- Network Concepts – 23%
- Network Security – 20%
CompTIA N10-007 Exam Overview
The description here is aimed at revealing the basic details that the students need to know before starting to prepare for the exam. The following points fully describe what the CompTIA N10-007 test:
- Number of questions: The CompTIA N10-007 exam includes 90 questions of different types (drag and drop, multiple choice, and performance-based).
- Duration: The time allotted for the N10-007 test is 1.5 hours or 90 minutes. It is worth mentioning that CompTIA usually provides more time than 1.5 hours, but the other fraction of time is intended for reading the exam instructions and completing a usual survey that the vendor conducts using the candidates as the respondents.
- Passing score: According to the CompTIA policies, the students are required to score at least 720 points on a scale of 100-900 to pass the test and obtain the certification. After completing the exam, the applicants receive their results indicating their failing or passing marks. The easiest way to know whether you will be able to get the passing score is to train with practice tests until you can comfortably get 80%.
- Languages: The N10-007 exam is delivered in English, German and Japanese. The Portuguese and Spanish languages are in the development stage at the moment.
- Exam fee: The participation in this certification test will cost you $329.
- Prior experience: The test takers should have about 9-12 months of experience as a network specialist. Having CompTIA A+ certification will be a big plus.
CompTIA N10-007 Exam Benefits
First of all, the N10-007 exam is the gateway to earning the CompTIA Network+ certification, which is one of the most rewarding IT credentials that one can get. It is a vendor-neutral certificate that can help you get hired in a variety of top IT companies. Secondly, CompTIA N10-007 increases your overall efficiency at the workplace as you will advance your knowledge and gain new skills while studying for the test. In addition, the certification can also lead to a significant increase in your income.
We hope this article helps you understand what you need to know about the CompTIA Network+ certification and its corresponding N10-007 exam. Ensure that you are using practice tests and exam dumps in your preparation to familiarize yourself with the content and feel more confident during the actual assessment.