Division made their television debut on Tony Wilson’s “So It Goes program” in 1978. For the show “∑(No,12k,Lg,17Mif) New Order + Liam Gillick: So it goes…”, New Order deconstructed, rethought and rebuilt a wealth of material from throughout their career: familiar and obscure, old and new.
“∑(No,12k,Lg,17Mif) New Order + Liam Gillick: So it goes…” will be released July 12 on triple vinyl, double CD and digital formats. You can listen to “Sub-culture” live from the 2017 Manchester International Festival right below.
The new live album was recorded live on July 13, 2017 and includes the full show as well as three additional tracks recorded over the residency to give listeners a full representation of the breadth of material performed. The album is featuring tracks such as “Disorder” – from Joy Division’s “Unknown Pleasures” and not played live for 30 years – up to 2015’s “Plastic” from New Order’s “Music Complete”.
Created in collaboration with visual artist Liam Gillick – who has previously presented solo exhibitions at venues such as Tate Britain and MoMA in New York – and orchestrated by composer-arranger Joe Duddell, a fellow son of Manchester and a frequent New Order collaborator, the live show was performed by the band with a 12-strong synthesiser ensemble from the Royal Northern College of Music.
This summer New Order will be performing at festivals throughout Europe and have just announced a headline tour for October playing Prague, Munich, Berlin, Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam.
- June 7 – Aarhus, Norway – Northside Festival
- June 13 – Oslo, Norway – PiPfest
- June 16 – Athens, Greece – Release Festival
- June 30 – Werchter, Belgium – Rock Werchter Festival
- July 7 – Dublin, Ireland – Trinity Summer Sessions
- July 12 – Lucca, Italy – Summer Festival
- July 18 – Bristol, England – Harbourside Festival
- July 21 – Cheshire, England – Bluedot Festival
- July 24 – Rattvik, Sweden – Dalhalla Festival
- July 27 – Benidorm, Spain – Low Festival
- August 12 – Girona, Spain – Cap Roig Festival
- August 15 – Praia do Taboão, Portugal – Parades de Coura Festival
- August 18 – Biddinghuizen, Netherlands – Lowlands Festival
- August 25 – Portsmouth, England – Victorious Festival
- September 21 – Madrid, Spain – Weekend City Festival
- October 3 – Prague, Czech Republic – Lucerna Music Hall
- October 5 – Munich, Germany – Philharmonic Hall
- October 7 – Berlin, Germany – Tempodrom
- October 11 – Paris, France – Le Grand Rex
- October 14 – Brussels, Belgium – Forest National
- October 17 – Amsterdam, Netherlands – AFAS Live
Since you’re here … … we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading Side-Line Magazine than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Side-Line’s independent journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we want to push the artists we like and who are equally fighting to survive. If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps fund it, our future would be much more secure. For as little as 5 US$, you can support Side-Line Magazine – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. The donations are safely powered by Paypal.
Donate Bitcoin to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Bitcoin
Donate Ethereum to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Ethereum
Donate Tether to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Tether