After a 5 year hiatus Squarepusher will return with a the album “Be Up A Hello”, out on the 31st of January. Fans can enjoy a taster as the double-A side 12” Vortrack will be released on the 6th of December, featuring Squarepusher’s Fracture remix. Check the videos for both tracks below.
“Vortrack” (Fracture Remix)
With this new album, Tom Jenkinson (Squarepusher) has returned to using vintage analogue and digital hardware, the same equipment that first helped him develop his sound in the early ’90s.
The past few years Jenkinson has been stepping away from the Squarepusher moniker exploring new territory such as forming the band Shobaleader One to reinterpret an array of classic Squarepusher tracks. He also scored the music for a 1 hour ‘CBeebies’ show and made the album “All Night Chroma” which was a series of compositions recorded on the Royal Festival Hall organ.
Squarepusher live at work
You can see Squarepusher live at work in these countries and cities:
- 31st Jan – CTM Festival, Berlin – Germany
- 14th March – Bangface Weekender, Southport – UK
- Thu 9th April – Royale, Boston – USA
- Sat 11th April – Brooklyn Steel, NYC – USA
- Tue 14th April – SAT, Montreal – Canada
- Wed 15th April – Danforth, Toronto – Canada
- Thu 16th April – St. Andrews, Detroit – USA
- Fri 17th April – Metro, Chicago – USA
- Sun 19th April – Bluebird Theater, Denver – USA
- Wed 22nd April – Neumos, Seattle – USA
- Thu 23rd April – Wonder Ballroom, Portland – USA
- Fri 24th April – The Midway, SF – USA
- Sat 25th April – 1720, LA – USA
- 1st May – LEV Festival, Gijon – Spain
- 8th May – Les Nuits Botanique, Brussels – Belgium
- 9th May – Melkweg, Amsterdam – Netherlands
- 13th May – Brudenell, Leeds – UK
- 14th May – Concorde2, Brighton – UK
- 15th May – Roundhouse, London – UK
Since you’re here … … we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading Side-Line Magazine than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Side-Line’s independent journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we want to push the artists we like and who are equally fighting to survive. If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps fund it, our future would be much more secure. For as little as 5 US$, you can support Side-Line Magazine – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. The donations are safely powered by Paypal.
Donate Bitcoin to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Bitcoin
Donate Ethereum to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Ethereum
Donate Tether to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Tether