The new Mark Morriss album, a covers album titled “The Taste of Mark Morriss”, will be out July 31st on the Acid Jazz label, but a first teaser has now been released, namely his version of the Sisters of Mercy cult hit “Lucretia” and this via a video.
The album is the second studio solo album from Morriss and holds 12 covers of songs by The Sisters Of Mercy, OMD , The Pet Shop Boys, Jesus & Mary Chain and many more. The album is available via Amazon on vinyl!
- This Pullover (originally by Jess Conrad)
- Rock & Roll Woman (originally by Buffalo Springfield)
- Souvenir (originally by OMD)
- Self Control (originally by Laura Branigan)
- Duchess (originally by Scott Walker)
- You Are My Friend (originally by Rain Parade)
- Lucretia (My Refelction) (originally by Sisters of Mercy)
- Angel (originally by Madonna)
- Almost Gold (originally by Jesus & Mary Chain)
- Don’t Let Go (originally by Weezer)
- Love Comes Quickly (originally by The Pet Shops Boys)
- Good Archives (originally by REM)
Below is the acoustic session video of “Lucretia” by Sisters of Mercy.