Out on Fuzz Club Records on September 30th is “Closure”, the fourth album of the New York City based post-punk act Vacant Lots. The album is the follow-up to the 2020 album “Interzone”. The record was mixed by Maurizio Baggio (Boy Harsher, The Soft Moon, Merchandise) and all songs were written, performed and produced by The Vacant Lots.
The minimalist post-punk/synth-pop duo, Jared Artaud and Brian MacFadyen, caught the attention of the bigger public thanks to their collaborations with Suicide’s Alan Vega. Today Jared has joined Alan’s widow and longtime musical ally Liz Lamere in curating the Vega Vault of unreleased material, culminating in co-producing and mixing 2021’s lost album, “Mutator”.
Out now is the new single “Thank You”.
This is the previously released single “Chase”.
The duo will embark on a tour in September/October through North American supporting The Black Angels with UK/Europe tour dates in November/December.
Upcoming UK/EU/US/CA Tour Dates
- Sep 30 – Dallas (US) – Granada*
- Oct 1 – Lawrence (US – Bottleneck*
- Oct 3 – St Louis (US) – Delmar Hall*
- Oct 4 – Omaha (US) – Slowdown*
- Oct 5 – Minneapolis (US) – First Avenue*
- Oct 7 – Madison (US) – Majestic*
- Oct 8 – Cleveland (US) – Beachland*
- Oct 10 – Detroit (US) – Majestic*
- Oct 12 – Toronto (CA) – Phoenix*
- Oct 13 – Montreal (CS) – Corona*
- Oct 14 – Boston (US) – Paradise*
- Oct 15 – DC (US) – 9:30 Club*
- Oct 17 – Brooklyn (US) – Brooklyn Steel*
- Oct 18 – Philadelphia (US) – Union Transfer*
- Oct 19 – Chapel Hill (US) – Cat’s Cradle*
- Oct 21 – Atlanta (US) – Variety*
- Oct 22 – Nashville (US) – Brooklyn Bowl*
- Oct 23 – Birmingham (US) – Saturn*
- Oct 24 – Baton Rouge (US) – Chelsea’s Live*
(*) with The Black Angels
- Nov 11 Dijon (FR) – Consortium Museum
- Nov 12 – Paris (FR) – L’International
- Nov 13 – Le Havre (FR) – Mc Daid’s
- Nov 16 – Maastricht (NL) – Muziekgieterij
- Nov 18 – Dordrecht (NL) – Popcentrale x Bibelot
- Nov 19 – Berlin (DE) – Synästhesie Festival
- Nov 22 – Halle (DE) – Hühnermanhattan
- Nov 24 – Copenhagen (DK) – Loppen
- Nov 26 – Stockholm (SE) – Debaser Bar Brooklyn
- Nov 30 – Haarlem (NL) – Patronaat
- Dec 1 – Hastings (UK) – The Piper
- Dec 2 – London (UK) – Strongroom
- Dec 3 – Manchester (UK) – SOUP
- Dec 4 – Glasgow (UK) – The Flying Duck
- Dec 5 – Nottingham (UK) – The Chameleon
- Dec 6 – Bristol (UK) – The Crofters Rights
Since you’re here … … we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading Side-Line Magazine than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Side-Line’s independent journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we want to push the artists we like and who are equally fighting to survive. If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps fund it, our future would be much more secure. For as little as 5 US$, you can support Side-Line Magazine – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. The donations are safely powered by Paypal.
Donate Bitcoin to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Bitcoin
Donate Ethereum to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Ethereum
Donate Tether to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Tether