If you think Massive Attack, you instantly think “Teardrop”, the massive hit Massive Attack had in 1998. “Teardrop” features lead vocals and lyrics by Elizabeth Fraser, the lead singer for the Cocteau Twins. It was released as the second single from their third studio album, “Mezzanine”.
Now, 20 years later, Massive Attack announces that they are taking 1998’s “Mezzanine” back on the road in Europe and North America in early 2019 with collaborators including Cocteau Twins’ Liz Fraser. This will be Fraser’s first time touring since she toured with the group in 2006.
The song Madonna was about to record…
Small but important detail, songwriter Andrew Vowles originally sent the demo to Madonna as he wanted her to record the vocals for the song as the band had previously worked with her on their 1995 reworking of the song “I Want You”. The two other band members Robert Del Naja and Grantley Marshall on the other hand wanted Elizabeth Fraser of the Cocteau Twins to record the vocals. Madonna was very keen to record the vocals, and was disappointed when the two-to-one vote went in Fraser’s favour.
The concert dates
- 01-28 Glasgow, Scotland – SSE Hydro
- 01-28 Manchester, England – Manchester Arena
- 01-31 Brussels, Belgium – Palias 12
- 02-01 Amsterdam, Netherlands – AFAS Live
- 02-04 Frankfurt, Germany – Jahrhunderthalle
- 02-05 Munich, Germany – Zenith
- 02-06 Milan, Italy – Mediolanum Forum
- 02-08 Rome, Italy – Palalottomatica
- 02-09 Padua, Italy – Kioene Arena
- 02-11 Paris, France – Zenith
- 02-13 Nantes, France – Zenith de Nantes Metropole
- 02-14 Bordeaux, France – Bordeaux Metropole Arena
- 02-18 Lisbon, Portugal – Campo Pequeno
- 02-22 London, England – O2 Arena
- 02-24 Dublin, Ireland – 3Arena
- 03-01 Bristol, England – Steel Yard, Bristol
Since you’re here … … we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading Side-Line Magazine than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Side-Line’s independent journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we want to push the artists we like and who are equally fighting to survive. If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps fund it, our future would be much more secure. For as little as 5 US$, you can support Side-Line Magazine – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. The donations are safely powered by Paypal.
Donate Bitcoin to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Bitcoin
Donate Ethereum to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Ethereum
Donate Tether to this address
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Tether
Donate Via Wallets
Select a wallet to accept donation in ETH, BNB, BUSD etc..