(Photo by Ditte Chemnitz) Out May 15 on hfn music is the newest single by Danish electro pop artist Lydmor: “Someone We Used To Love”. The single has 2 versions of the title track, the single edit and the album version.
“Someone We Used To Love” is partly influenced by the Irish author Oscar Wilde and his classic novel “The Picture of Dorian Gray” from 1890. The novel quotes: “There is always something ridiculous about the emotions of people whom one has ceased to love.” This quote has inspired Lydmor in the creation of her new single.
Here’s the video for the track.
This year Lydmor was involved in cross-aesthetic collaborations with the dance company Corpus at the Royal Theatre and at this year’s Roskilde Festival. She has also created the soundscape for a new stage production of William Shakespeare’s “Twelfth night”, which is scheduled to run at the Oslo Ny Teater this autumn.
Live dates announced
If Corona isn’t spoiling the fun, you should be able to see Lydmor live at work at the following dates.
- 07.10.20 Belgium, Kortrijk, De Kreun (supporting Compact Disc Dummies)
- 11.10.20 Belgium, Sint-Niklaas, De Casino (supporting Compact Disc Dummies)
- 15.10.20 Belgium, Gent, Het Dopot (supporting Compact Disc Dummies)
- 21.10.20 Denmark, Randers, Turbinen
- 06.11.20 Norway, Oslo, Rockefeller (supporting Bendik)
- 25.02.21 Denmark, Aalborg, Studenterhuset
- 26.02.21 Denmark, Aarhus, Train
- 27.02.21 Denmark, Odense, Posten