Gothic-Disco legends My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult will release “Sleazy Action”, a compilation of 12 previously unreleased remixes by TKK’s Buzz McCoy, highlighting the group’s past 12 years on SleazeBox Records. The album also includes tracks from related side-project Bomb Gang Girlzand new songs by Buzz McCoy and Groovie Mann’s Darling Kandie.
- “Bella Piranha (Hot Shot Mix)” – My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult
- “Studio 21 (Titan Mix)” – My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult
- “Hell Kat Klub (Klit Klub Mix)” – My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult
- “Want (Cockadoodledoo Mix)” – Bomb Gang Girlz
- “Royal Skull (Karmakazi Mix)” – My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult
- “My Wicked Ways (Babylonia Mix)” – Darling Kandie
- “Witchpunkrockstar (Heavy Mental Mix)” – My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult
- “Monti Karlo (Kasino Mix)” – My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult
- “Prism (Mata Hari Mix)” – Buzz McCoy
- “All The Way (S.T.R.U.T. Mix)” – Bomb Gang Girlz
- “Suite 16 (Love To Love Mix)” – Buzz McCoy
- “Lone Road (Dead End Mix)” – My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult
Here’s the album teaser.
About My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult
Hailing from Chicago’s renowned Wax Trax! Records stable of recording artists, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult (the brainchild of Franke Nardiello and musician Marston Daley) have been active since 1987. Along with label mates such as Front 242, KMFDM and Ministry, TKK (as often abbreviated), helped develop the industrial music genre.
The band however continued to evolve and today their sound can be described as electronic rock, heavily influenced by both disco and funk. One of their most distinctive characteristics is the use of spoken-word samples lifted from B-movies laced throughout their songs.
Since debuting, they have released 13 studio albums, and their music has been featured in a variety of films, television/cable shows and soundtracks.
The band continues to release new material via their own SleazeBox Records label and tour extensively with a rotating cast of musicians, however the core of the project has always been Nardiello and Daley, both on record and in the live act. The current line-up is Groovie Mann (vocals), Buzz McCoy (keys), Mimi Star (bass), Justin Thyme (drums), Arena Rock (Bomb Gang Girl).
Since you’re here … … we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading Side-Line Magazine than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Side-Line’s independent journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we want to push the artists we like and who are equally fighting to survive. If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps fund it, our future would be much more secure. For as little as 2 US$, you can support Side-Line Magazine – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. The donations are safely powered by Paypal.