Erasure’s Andy Bell releases ‘Variance III – The Queereteria Remixes’ feat. Bronski Beat remixes – check a first track
“Variance III – The Queereteria Remixes” is the latest Andy Bell album which presents remixes of some of the tracks from the “Torsten In Queereteria” alongside some previously unreleased music from the project, plus a handful of bonus tracks.
For those who missed it, “Torsten In Queereteria” was the third solo album by Andy Bell performing as alter-ego Torsten, a gender-fluid, semi-immortal. The project is a pop / musical theatre collaboration between Erasure singer Andy Bell, poet/playwright Barney Ashton-Bullock and musician Christopher Frost.
Here’s the tracklisting:
- Not Opting Out (Matt Pop Club Mix)
- We Hadn’t Slept For Twenty Years (Bronski Beat Remix)
- I Don’t Like (Bronski Beat Remix)
- Lowland Lowriders (Jerome Froese Retouched Mix)
- We Hadn’t Slept For Twenty Years (Shelter’s New Mix)
- Lead Me
- If We Want To Drink A Little (Andy Bell Solo Version)
- Silence Is Golden (Radio Edit)
- We Hadn’t Slept For Twenty Years (Radio Version)
- Not Opting Out (Matt Pop Radio Edit)
Below is an extract from “Not Opting Out (Matt Pop Club Remix)”.
Since you’re here … … we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading Side-Line Magazine than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Side-Line’s independent journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we want to push the artists we like and who are equally fighting to survive. If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps fund it, our future would be much more secure. For as little as 5 US$, you can support Side-Line Magazine – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. The donations are safely powered by Paypal.