Next generation HD DVD based music distribution and marketing platform launched
|Tweet||11 May, 2007||Share|
I was forwarded this info ahead of the press so I guess it will interest more than one on here. nixbu Entertainment will announce the immediate start of the MuNa initiative, a next generation HD DVD based music distribution and marketing platform. This very complex project represents the most advanced HD DVD project so far, including even new online features.
In order to run a demo, two parties were approached, Robbie Willaims (EMI) and Plastic Noise Experience (Alfa Matrix). In the end it was Alfa Matrix who got chosen to work together with nixbu Entertainment.
Key featuresThe following key features are featured on this product:
- The disc will start automatically, tracks are 'skipable', navigation behavior is the same as Audio CD
- Without any kind of TV the disc navigation will be done via remote control of the HD DVD player
- The new codecs allow a high quality experience at the same level or clearly above DVDAudio/SACD, formats might be e.g.
- Stereo 24 bit / 96 kHz or 192 kHz
- Surround 5.1/7.1 24 bit / 96 kHz
- Stereo 24 bit / 96 kHz or 192 kHz
- Additionally to 'TV-less' navigation advanced customer experience (especially when SC is used) can be picture diaporama, Cover Art, information on Artists, Music, Bio, Lyrics
- Additional audio tracks for advanced content based navigation. Content based navigation means that a user will have the opportunity to listen to unknown artists/songs in similar style to the one he knows (see pandora.com). For any track of the main content (PC) up to 6 different songs are available (SC). This is to be used as a marketing tool and means in this example that the publisher can introduce 72 new artists in total on 1 disc if the main content consists of 12 tracks (remark: the music label might choose the ratio of PC and SC freely, there is virtually no limitation in number of tracks only for total capacity)
New user experienceA total new user experience of MuNa is offered by integrating content based navigation. Associated with tracks of the Primary Content on the disc a variable number of songs can be accessed. The Secondary Content includes Artists Info as well. This represents a pandora.com experience, nevertheless content owners might select the Secondary Content arbitrary from their libraries. Due to the high capacity of the disc for each track of the SC Artist Info can be included for all tracks.
Invual setupGood to now, the setup allows individual choice of audio formats. The MuNa disc will continue to work with CD-Audio navigation behavior, navigating through the entire disc with the remote control is independent from chosen audio formats or playlists. The playlist allows enabling or disabling PC or SC totally or choosing arbitrary selected tracks. Example of user scenarios could be to play PC of a chosen audio format only or play SC only with a high number of chosen tracks for a party. All capacity calculations are done with 1 audio format for SC only. Selection of Audio format can additionally be done with the remote control by pressing the 'Audio' button.
Main benefitsThe main benefits of these new MuNa HD DVD products
- Very low premastering costs
- Very low replication costs, for 3X (HD DVD data on DVD disc) same costs as current DVD costs
- For 3X based products moderate development costs for future designs due to low glasmaster costs (technology is new, for new design we still need to anticipate some problems and intensive testing procedures are necessary)
- For 3X based products the replication infrastructure is the same as for DVD, so clients can work with their current replication service partners
- Within the critical DRM discussion, AACS might be sacrificed for marketing reasons. This also reduces the costs. However, as of today we would need AACS for anyonline features but prices and availability still need to be determined.
- MuNa products will work technically with EVERY HD DVD player and within different marketing scenarios. Massmarket genres like Rock/Pop will work with any future lowcost noname player expected to arrive October 2007 for as low as US$ 199,- to US$ 299,-.
- Due to the nature of DTS-HD, all tracks are always 100% downward compatible, MuNa products will play on ANY HD DVD capable player independent from internal decoding, downmixing or interface limitations.
- Any PC with a DVD drive can playback MuNa products if a current HD DVD enabled version of very popular DVD Player software like PowerDVD, WinDVD, Nero or similar is installed and the product is 3X based and does not use AACS. This got tremendous marketing potential, e.g. as free magazine supplement.
For the vast majority of products DVD-9 is recommended for optimized cost-efficiency. Another advantage of DVD-9 is that when its used without AACS it will play in ordinary DVD drives as long as HD DVD player software is used.
Technorati Tags: HDV / DVD
Get your CDs at the following eBay sites:
|eBay USA||eBay België/Belgique|
|eBay UK||eBay France|
|eBay DE||eBay Nederland|
|eBay Canada||eBay Australia|
Posted by: myjz2012 on Apr 09, 13 | 9:15 am
Do you suffer from slow growing hair extensions cheap online? Do you have hair that is thinning hair extensions cheap online? Then you will need to read this article I have written for you hair extensions cheap. Losing your hair makes you feel insecure hair extensions charlotte nc, it makes you lose your self-confidence and hair extensions buy makes you feel blue. So it is crucial hair extensions bay area that you take steps to help grow your hair back.
More related news :
After the blue version of the 'Inhale' double-vinyl, Marsheaux returns with a limited edition gold double-vinyl, limited to just 99 copies. (...)
In 2013 the german act Umbra et Imago hit the road for 2 concerts in Erfurt and Dresden to present an all new erotic show. (...)
Alfa Matrix launches reduction code for Bandcamp and announces free CD compilation 'Sounds from the matrix 015'
The Belgian Alfa Matrix label has a brand new reduction code available for you for Bandcamp. (...)
My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult will be releasing their new 13th studio album, 'Spooky Tricks', on May 6th. (...)
The originally Johannesburg, South Africa, based band The Awakening has released its 'Anthology XV' album holding 18 career-spanning tracks, including remixes, new versions and 2 new songs, packaged in a digipack. (...)
Rational Youth announce first European shows in 15+ years + exclusive tour shirt (get it now - only 50 are being made)
Canada's Rational Youth is heading for Europe to play their first EU shows in more than 15 years. (...)
New Aesthetische album 'Hybridcore' out now in 2 versions - Front 242 fans wil dig this one for sure!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY NEWSLETTER
Chief editor B. Van Isacker
Buy Concert Tickets at StubHub.com
Visit Bridesmaidwear online store to find various styles of bridesmaid dresses.
Music and sports odds are an unlikely duo; both require skill and precision in order to be of value.
Formal dresses online
The most popular Table-Game in the world can be played Aggressively , and it can also be played very Friendly.
Looking for a new thrills? Visit the casino online essential beginners guide for casino games such as bingo, roulette and also craps.
Let Jacki Lin teach you how to count to 21. Come and see the artistic side of chance taking, either by Looking at Photos or by Watching Films.
Excellente boutique de robe. Meilleur prix, meilleur qualité et meilleur service. Robe de cocktail pas cher 30%-65% de solde!