Out via the Rotterdam based label Electronic Emergencies is the Various Queer Artists compilation “The Closet Tapes”. Out on 2xLP / digital / cassette, the compilation shows an unorthodox and fierce combination of queer legends, contemporary queer heroes and future queer stars.
“The Closet Tapes” is a compilation of queer electronic music compiled by Spacemaker and Leather E. Included is also Gaytron, the project by Plastic Noise Experience’s Claus Kruse, who informed us about this release in the first place.
The Closet Tapes is released on pink double vinyl in an edition of 500 hand-numbered copies and in a special, very limited edition on pink cassette (50 copies) including alternative bonus versions of three of the tracks.
Here’s the total tracklisting:
- A1. Bézier (US, Honey Soundsystem) – Anathema
- A2. Andy Butler (US, Hercules & Love Affair) – Vlaamsekat!
- A3. Adriano Canzian (IT) – Kiss Me So More
- B1. Hard Ton (IT) ft. Posminonova (CRO) – Dark Star Crashes
- B2. Eddy De Clercq (NL) & Friends – Sea Sex & Sun (Laurent & Lewis Electro Club Remix)
- C1. This Cold Night (US) – Gay Goth Dance Machine
- C2. Jean Petitjean (NL) – Doom Alarm (Rude 66 Edit)
- C3. Gaytron (DE, Plastic Noise Experience) – Männerliebe 2017
- D1. Venderstrooik (NL) – Poisoned Apple
- D2. Skeleton Head (US) – Beaten, Bloody, Bruised (Pink Mix)
- D3. Jorge Socarras & Pierre Klein (US, Ceci N’est Pas) – Story Ends (Rude 66 Mix)
Since you’re here … … we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading Side-Line Magazine than ever but advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Side-Line’s independent journalism takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we want to push the artists we like and who are equally fighting to survive. If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps fund it, our future would be much more secure. For as little as 2 US$, you can support Side-Line Magazine – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. The donations are safely powered by Paypal.